Helmores Wins Best Estate Agent at Exeter Living Awards
Last night we were absolutely delighted to accept the Exeter Living Award for the Best Estate Agent / Property Business. The highly prestigious event, held in The Great Hall at Exeter University was packed with 420 men and women from businesses from across the city and surrounding areas we were thrilled to have won the award, especially as we were up against such fantastic competition.
The judges, when presenting us with the awards described us as a “300 year old business with a super modern approach. Innovative and focused on providing a superb service”. It is that history and our approach that we are most proud of – and of course all of that is down to our team. It was 317 years ago, the first William Helmore set up this Crediton based business. In 2016 we aim to be a modern, vibrant, progressive business embracing new challenges and technology with open arms, whilst supporting the community that has supported us through those generations.
We are a team of 18 local people with a 55% market share of all Crediton based estate agents. We adopt a positive hard working environment and a culture that exudes professionalism and promotes progression, with every staff member given the freedom to deliver outstanding customer service and results at all times whilst receiving the full support of the partners.
Here are some of the other reasons that we won
- We are the first and only estate agent in the country so far to produce cinematic property films in-house
- Our stunning aerial photography with our own fleet of drones
- A massive 55% market share of ALL properties for sale in EX17 postcode sector
- Long opening hours 7 days a week, including accompanied viewings ALL weekend, and available on the phone up until 8pm at night
- Exceptional customer service: of 326 allAgents reviews 99% of people say they would use us again
- Interesting and unique marketing campaigns often involving the local community
- High quality marketing material designed in-house by our Chartered Designer
- Recognising the strong attraction between the London marketplace and the South West – reaching out to it by exhibiting in twice-annual London Mayfair property exhibitions
- Consistent and engaging social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & YouTube)
- Exceptional care taken of staff (many social events, a fully equipped gym, spacious relaxation area with TV, flexible approach to childcare, working hours and a new pay structure that rewards performance and encourages team bonding)
- Major sponsors of Crediton Rugby Club and Crediton Squash Team and supporters of Shobrooke Cricket (3 centuries and not out!)
The event was hosted by Sharron Davies assisted by others that included Ben Bradshaw and Judy Spiers.
The Helmores team are thrilled to have been recognised so positively by the local business community – and we look forward to the next 300 years!