Our Guide to selling
We have put together a guide on the selling process with Helmores, together with some useful tips that we hope you will find really useful:
Call us to arrange for Phil Morgan, George Clover, Ian Blanchford or Rob Stoyle to visit your property.
They will provide you with the following:
• An honest opinion of the value
• A suitable marketing strategy
• Presentation advice
• Details of our services including costs etc
• Any other property advice you ask us!
Preparing for Marketing
When you have decided to sell your property, we will need to start collating all the elements that are required for us to market your property. This includes:
• Taking measurements of room sizes
• Creating a floor plan
• Taking photographs
• Preparing an Energy Performance Certificate
• Writing an engaging yet accurate description
• Filming and editing a virtual video tour
• Shooting an aerial film if you have a suitable property
Also at this stage you will need to provide us with photo ID (to comply with Money Laundering Regulations), and we will ask you to sign a contract, officially appointing us as your agent.
Hitting the Market
When everything is put together and you’ve approved your sale details – we’re ready to hit the start button. This generally involves:
• Discussing your property in detail with the team so they know what they are selling
• Uploading your property to our website, Rightmove, OnTheMarket, and many others
• Sending out an email update with your specific property to buyers on our database (we currently have over 5,000 registered generally)
• Telephoning buyers that they know will be extremely interested
• Advertising your property in the local press
• Erecting a For Sale board on the property
• Uploading our aerial film to YouTube if you have a suitable property
• Updating our Facebook page with your property
When a property hits the market first there is usually a flurry of activity, and from this we aim to achieve some viewings. We will call you in advance of all viewings – so don’t worry we won’t turn up on your doorstep unannounced!
Once the viewing has taken place we’ll let you know how things went, together with feedback from the potential buyer. We won’t flower things up just to please you – we’d rather be honest and tell you exactly what has been said, so objections from potential buyers can be addressed.
Negotiating a sale
Once we have a buyer who is making offers, we will call you to discuss matters. We’ll find out the buyers financial position (including any mortgage arrangements), check out any chain, and ask their timescales for moving.
After some negotiations over price have taken place and you’ve agree to sell, we will officially instruct solicitors to start the conveyancing process.
Progressing the sale
We have our own dedicated sales person who sole job is to progress your sale.
We contact all parties on a regular basis and make sure that the sale is kept on track. It may be that we encounter problems on the way, but we aim to assist in making the transaction as smooth as possible.
Exchange of Contracts
Once contracts have been exchanged you can start planning your move. There’s a lot to think about, so in order to keep track of everything, we would recommend you make a plan or a moving checklist.
We can put you in touch with some excellent local removal firms.
Once completion takes place you can breathe a big sigh of relief!
We’ll need a complete set of keys (if we don’t have them already), and once your solicitor informs us that the money has been paid across we will release them to the new owner.